This economy is killing my vibe. I went to the ATM and it spit out an I.O.U. I tried to get a reservation at Pineapple and Pearls and they’re down to 2 booster seats. My street monkey and I both have had to find real jobs. Before I’m ready to sell off my firstborn, I check out these value-packed, bottomless brunches and feast like a qween.
Balkan restaurant Ambar, in Capitol Hill, offers brunch featuring bottomless small plates and brunch cocktails Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 4 pm. Priced at $35 per person, guests can enjoy an all-you-can-eat selection mezze, soups, salads, sandwiches, egg dishes, pastry & crepes and sweets. Must be ordered by entire table. 523 8th Street SE, Washington, DC. (202) 813-3039
Cuba Libre is known for incredible mojitos and small plates that are perfect for sharing. Order unlimited piqueos, or small plates for $25. Add unlimited brunch cocktails like Bloody Marys, mimosas and sangria for only $10. Mandatory must-try: salt cod fritters with homemade lemon mayonnaise. Bonus: Get the same deal on Mondays for $29. 801 9th Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.408.1600.
The Bombay Club might be the last place you think of for brunch, but its seven rotating Indian dishes is a nice change of pace for only $21. Add $7 and get unlimited pours of champagne throughout your meal. Sundays from 11:30 am-2:30 pm. 815 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC. 202.659.3727.
If you love Mediterranean fare, Agora’s $32.99 all-inclusive mezze brunch includes traditional dishes as well as American favorites, plus bottomless Bloody Marys, mimosas, champagne, and house martinis. Mandatory must-try: Challah French Toast with powdered sugar and maple syrup. 1527 17th Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.332.6767
Boqueria has unlimited Spanish brunch tapas and drinks for $35, including mimosas, sangria and draft beer. Available Saturdays and Sundays. 1837 M Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.558.9545
Fill up on Masa 14′s $35 Latin-Asian brunch which has something for everyone, including unlimited mimosas, bellinis, Bloody Marys, and lemon lager. Mandatory must-try: mushroom omelet with arugula, roasted peppers, avocado and tomato jam. 1825 14th Street NW, Washington, DC. (202)328-1414
Go beyond pancakes and eggs with El Centro DF’s $35 Mexican-inspired fiesta including endless Michiladas, Bloody Marias and seasonal aqua fresca cocktails. Mandatory must-try: sopes de huevo y salsa verde, poached eggs with beans and crabmeat. 1819 14th Street NW, Washington, DC. (202) 328-3131; and 1218 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC. (202) 333-4100
Juniper’s Market Fresh Brunch may be the ritziest at $48, but this spread at The Fairmont Washington, DC offers local seafood, seasonal entrees and ever-changing sweet treats including savory cakes, pastries and cookies. Don’t forget the bottomless orange, peach or strawberry mimosas. $48 for adults, $24 for children ages 6-12, free for children 5 and under. The Fairmont, 2401 M Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.429.2400.
Just really want to drown your sorrows? These restaurants serve brunch à la carte with boozy add-ons:
- Bar Pilar does bottomless ball jar cocktails for $15 with a brunch item and $20 without, from 11 am – 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. 1833 14th St NW Washington, DC. (202) 265-1751
- Capitol City Brewing has free-flowing mild or spicy Bloody Marys and Mimosas with brunch for only $9. 1100 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC. 202.628.2222
- At hidden gem Et Voila in the Palisades, brunch is served Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am – 2:30 pm. Featured bottomless cocktails are available for $12.
- The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown serves brunch a la carte or with a “Choose Two” option with bottomless Mimosas or Bloody Marys for $39 on the upper terrace of the Urban Garden from 11 am – 2 pm with a DJ starting at noon. Complimentary valet parking. 3100 South Street NW, Washington, DC.
- Saint Ex does bottomless mimosas for $15 and pitchers of Peroni for $20 from 11 am – 4 pm Saturdays and Sundays. 1847 14th Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.265.7839
- Get unlimited mimosas at Shaw’s Tavern for $12. 520 Florida Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001. 202.518.4092
- Station 4 also has bottomless brunch mimosas, Bloody Marys or nectar & Champagne cocktails, available Saturdays and Sundays from 10-3 pm for $25 per person with any entrée. 1101 4th Street SW, Washington, DC.
- Sign of the Whale in Dupont Circle offers $10 bottomless mimosas and their Bloody Mary Bar with any brunch entrée. 1825 M Street NW, Washington DC.
- Build your own passion fruit, peach, mandarin orange or cherry bellinis at Urbana for just $16. 2121 P Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.956.6650.
Mary was born and raised in New York City where her family owned restaurants. Instead of eating dirt on the playground, she ate duck blood, beef tripe and pork belly. She cut her teeth at The Mandarin Oriental and The Ritz-Carlton hotels, working with Barbra Streisand, Vanessa Williams, Michael Stipe, LeVar Burton, Jane Krakowski and others. Mary founded Girl Meets Food in 2009 as a cover for her debilitating addiction to fried chicken and was named Washington Post’s “Favorite Local Foodie.” After 13 years in hospitality, she started freelance writing for USA Today, The Washington Post, Eater, Washington City Paper, and more. Today, she provides digital marketing for hospitality clients as a content creator who’s contently creating content.