by Ashley Schleeper
In case Parm is full on a Saturday night, but your need for a nosh won’t allow you to stand the 45-minute wait, opt for Plan B, not the pill, but the new restaurant next door. Inspired by the fine dining scene in Northern Spain, but driven by creative freedom, Plan B offers small plates not often found on Mulberry Street.
Expect to fall down the rabbit hole at this new eatery, or rather, eat the rabbit at the bottom. Dishes include a bevy of offal treats—rabbit, bull’s testicles, python, and duck hearts to name a few. To boot, the Mad Hatter behind the bar, Tess Sawyer, shakes a mean cocktail you will most certainly thirst for after a plate of crispy pigs’ ears. Plan B is a dining experience calling to the ravenous, the adventurous, the animalistic eater.
5 eats not to miss
- Smelt with lime and chile oil ($6)
- Octopus, grilled and served with Iberian pesto ($12)
- Bull testicles, seared and served with Yukon mash and spinach ($16)
- Morcilla Spanish blood sausage with mole ($10)
- Hibiscus and Cynar ice cream, with dark chocolate wafer ($8)
244 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10012
Photos: Plan B