We checked out the new brunch offerings at NoPa Kitchen + Bar, and here are our mandatory must-tries:
- Impossibly light brunch pastries ($8) like a crumbly plum coffee cake, bananas Foster muffin and brioche mousseline.
- Surprisingly tasty braised red cabbage ($7) with chestnuts.
- An outstanding frittata ($12) with house-made chorizo, tomato, arugula and Mornay.
- A twist on French Toast ($12) with caramelized banana and mango sauce.
- A doughnut sampler ($9) of cinnamon roll, double chocolate and Girl Scout, Samoa type “doughnettes.”
Pair your brunch with delicious cocktails like the Blood and Sand ($10) and the Blackwell’s Corruption.
Feature photo courtesy of NoPa
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Mary was born and raised in New York City where her family owned restaurants. Instead of eating dirt on the playground, she ate duck blood, beef tripe and pork belly. She cut her teeth at The Mandarin Oriental and The Ritz-Carlton hotels, working with Barbra Streisand, Vanessa Williams, Michael Stipe, LeVar Burton, Jane Krakowski and others. Mary founded Girl Meets Food in 2009 as a cover for her debilitating addiction to fried chicken and was named Washington Post’s “Favorite Local Foodie.” After 13 years in hospitality, she started freelance writing for USA Today, The Washington Post, Eater, Washington City Paper, and more. Today, she provides digital marketing for hospitality clients as a content creator who’s contently creating content.