Others may be flocking towards the shores this weekend, but just think of what sand and surf will do to your hair (!). That only means one thing: more Memorial Day city fun for you. We love an extra day of brunch and festivities, plus the deafening sound of 900,000 hogs rolling by, so if you’re off for 3 days (because drinking on the job is so 2006) and you’ve opted to stay inland this weekend, we’ve compiled a handy-dandy list of where to celebrate the start of summer in the city.
Policy is hosting their annual Crab Festival on Sunday, May 26 from noon-5 pm. Includes all-you-can-eat-crabs, hush puppies, corn on the cob, cole slaw, Policy Wings and beef hot dogs. Beverages are extra. Taste 2 exclusive Blue Moon craft beers, plus beer specials all day. Limited tickets available at the door. Advance tickets for $35. 1904 14th Street NW, Washington,
The Caucus Room is hosting Springtoberfest on Sunday, May 26 from 2-6 pm, with craft beer, spring delicacies and house made sausages! Tickets are $50-$75 and can be purchased in advance. Westin Georgetown, 2350 M Street, NW, Washington, DC. 202.861.3450
So4ward is hosting Memorial Day Sunday brunch at Veranda on May 26 from noon-3 pm, with bottomless food, mimosas and sangria, plus live music. Proceeds go to the Social 4ward Direct Contribution Fund, used to support independent artists and charitable initiatives. Tickets are $40. 1100 P Street NW, Washington, DC.
Take a scenic drive out to Clifton, Virginia, where Trummer’s on Main is hosting a Memorial Day Suckling Pig Lunch on the patio with fixings like panzanella, potato salad and a selection of cheeses; all for $38. Call the restaurant to reserve. 7134 Main Street, Clifton, VA.703.266.1623
Open for Monday Brunch
In addition to their regular weekend brunch hours, these restaurants will be serving brunch on Monday. Keep in mind many others will be closed for the holiday. Be sure to call to confirm!
- Ambar, 523 8th Street SE, Washington, DC. 202.813.3039
- The Argonaut, 1433 H Street NE, Washington, DC. 202.250.3660
- Cafe Deluxe, several locations including Wisconsin Avenue, Tysons Corner, Bethesda, Gaithersburg
- Capitol City Brewing Company, both locations in DC and Shirlington, VA.
- Crossroads, 1901 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC.
- El Centro DF, 1819 14th Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.328.3131
- Founding Farmers, both locations in DC and Potomac, MD.
- Heritage India, several locations including Georgetown, P Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Jackson 20, 480 King Street, Alexandria, VA. 703.549.6080
- Juniper at the Fairmont Hotel, 2401 M Street, NW, Washington, DC. 202.457-5020
- Masa 14, 1825 14th Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.328.1414
- Matchbox Pizza, all locations including Capitol Hill, Chinatown, 14th Street, Rockville and Merrifield.
- Ping Pong Dim Sum, both locations including Chinatown and Dupont Circle.
- Tortilla Coast, both locations including Logan Circle and Capitol Hill.
- Urbana, 2121 P Street NW, Washington, DC. 202.956.6650
Many swimming pools open for the season this weekend, so don’t forget to get wet ‘n’ wild with our SuperFun, HappyTime Summer Pool Guide!