5 Things to Get at Bobby’s Burger Palace
It’s easy to go topless at Bobby’s Burger Palace, bunless and on a silky bed of greens, but why would you? Real burgers are meant to be enjoyed on the bun, “crunchified” and with lots of melted cheese. (Get your mind out of the gutter and your shirt back over your head. You can’t afford a third strike.)
The “topless” burger is the same ineffective method for trying to count calories as why Richard Simmons still looks the same after sweating to the oldies for nigh on forty years. We’ll tell you what’s really the 411 at Bobby’s Burger Palace:
- This hidden gem for happy hour sports frozen cactus pear margaritas that are a delicious steal at 7 ounces and $5, bright pink in hue and so delicious. Each one will knock you on your ass. We’re a glutton for punishment.
- The Napa Valley burger ($7.75) is the best thing on the menu, super fresh with the balanced tang of soft goat cheese and Meyer lemon honey mustard.
- Also not to be missed are the crispy sweet potato fries ($3) with honey mustard horseradish sauce–a mandatory must-try.
- Gigantic beer-battered onion rings ($3) are stacked like Katy Perry at the Grammys, and just like Katy’s boobs, they’re fat, meaty and they mean business.
- Bobby’s favorite burger is the L.A. burger ($7.75), made even better by “crunchifying” and swapping out for a chicken breast (there’s that image again), with avocado relish, watercress, Cheddar and tomato. It’s practically a salad.
- The grilled Miami burger ($7.75) is full of decadent, naughty zippiness, with ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, mayo and zesty Dijon mustard. This one’s pressed like a Cuban, much like the way JFK pressed Castro during the Missile Crisis.
Bobby’s Burger Palace
2121 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20037