5 Things to Brunch at Walker’s Grille
Photos: Nicole Cavino
efore a strenuous day of spring sandal shopping at nearby Springfield Mall or after last night’s binge with a Freemason (we told you he looked like that gangly kid from Road Trip) stop by Walker’s Grille, a LEED-certified restaurant committed to the environment and whatever ails you, like DJ Qualls. Look for only the freshest, locally-sourced organic ingredients on the menu, because Lord only knows the kind of trash you put in your system last night:
- Order the warm apple beignets ($6) to start and share. They’re light and sweet and fun to eat while you rehash last night’s shenanigans.
- The very popular U.B.S. ($14), might seem intimidating but it’s worth a shot. Bacon, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, ham and cheese are stacked and pressed on French toast. Order a nap to go with this one.
- The spicy Andouille sausage in the shrimp & grits ($16) feels so right after a sweet starter.
- How much late night Jumbo Slice/IHOP/bath salts did you have? The fajita omelet ($13) is a lighter option, with lots of veggies and other delights like pico de gallo and avocado.
- The eggs Neptune ($15) plays off of the old brunch staple by adding crab cakes and Old Bay hollandaise.
Ask for a table on Walker’s beautiful, 50-seat outdoor garden patio. Perfect for nursing a hangover during the warmer months.
6909 Metro Park Drive
Alexandria, VA 22310