5 Adult Milkshakes to Try Now
o far, this summer has seen the freedom of Lindsay Lohan, the return of Breaking Bad (thankgodthankgodthankgod), Anthony Weiner (seriously, we are done with you) and the birth of a child on the platform at L’Enfant Plaza.
Add to the frizzy hair, forehead acne, pit stains, and all-around sweaty dishevelment that we endure annually, we totally deserve a treat (or five). And those treats are called milkshakes. With booze. They make everyone feel better. Celebrate the end of summer with these shaketails around the District:
- If you weren’t able to hit the beach this summer, sip on the Patsy Stone ($10, pineapple, coconut, orange, nutmeg with Captain Morgan spiced rum) from Satellite Room, or taste the tropics with the Twisted Coconut shake (coconut rum Key Lime Pie, coconut rum Bananas Foster, and banana rum) at Ted’s Bulletin.
- The pistachio shake ($5) from Bobby’s Burger Palace is almost as sweet and decadent as the sexy chef himself. Almost.
- If you need to feel like you’re de-stressing around a campfire at noon on a Tuesday, Burger Tap & Shake has you covered. The Apocalypto ($8, Fireball cinnamon whisky, homemade marshmallows, chocolate ice cream) will warm your insides and calm you down.
- Try a taste of autumn with the Apple Bottom (Sailor Jerry rum, apple pie, vanilla ice cream) from The Diner.
- And for those of you who just want an unadulterated milkshake in its virgin state because they-are-just-fine-the-way-they-are-meant-to-be-damnit, there’s the heavenly Toasted Marshmallow and Red Velvet ($5.45, pictured) milkshakes from Good Stuff Eatery.